Just a reminder that umpire training will be taking place this weekend and next weekend. In addition to that please take a moment to review the following:
Important Announcements for upcoming Umpire training
- Umpire training is taking place this weekend and next weekend, Saturday, Feb. 8th and Sunday, the 9th; and again on the 15th and 16th.
- Training will take place in room 503 at Charlotte Wood Middle School from 10 am until 12 noon.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Anyone under 18 will need to have a parents signature for release of liability and medical release.
- Regardless of how many years you have umpired for SRVGAL, you must submit a registration form for the 2014 Season.
- Anyone who has not submitted the required paperwork will not be eligible to umpire any SRVGAL games, until it is received, regardless of training or experience.
Other notes of interest to umpires for upcoming 2014 Season
- There have been changes to the "Operating Rules" and the "Rules Matrix" which will be implemented this season (this will be covered at training).
- All umpires will be assigned a skill level, which will be a number 1 (entry level), 2, 3, or 4 (highest level) in Sportability when their registration information is entered.
- A pay structure chart has been developed which will determine which rates apply for different level games and skill level of umpires (this will be covered at training).
- In order to attempt to fairly distribute umpire assignments, the 2014 Season schedule will be posted on or about Feb. 24, for umpires to be able to request games. However, no games will be assigned until March 8, in order to give all umpires ample time to request games (this will be covered at training).
- Beginning the 2014 season, the 3/4 and 5/6 White divisions will only be assigned one umpire (plate), per game.
Please contact me for any questions that may arise, I can be reached by email at:email@example.com or by text or cell at 925-683-3775.
SRVGAL Umpire In Chief
Online registration for the 2014 season is closed. However, we are still accepting manual registrations for all of our divisions except the red/blue competitive divisions. The online registration for the High School division is still open.
The registration rates are listed below and now include a $25 late fee:
$300 for Pre K/K & 1st/2nd
$350 for 3rd/4th through High School
Registration fees are nonrefundable. The only exception is for players that register in the SRVGAL High School Division and make their High School Softball team.
To register, complete the registration form and mail it with payment to SRVGAL PO Box 637, Danville, CA 94526. If your daughter is new to SRVGAL please include a copy of her birth certificate.
All of the non competitive teams will be formed at the end of February. The coaches are given their team assignments on February 20. Players will be notified after that date. Practices then start on March 1. The Parent Handbook is very informative and will answer many of your additional questions.
If you need assistance or have questions please contact our league Administrator, Jan Tomsic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Umpire Training for SRVGAL
For anyone interested in umpiring in the 2014 Season, there will be 2 different weekend dates for training. The first set of dates will be Saturday, February 8th for mechanics training and Sunday, February 9th will be for rules training, and the second set of dates will be Saturday, February 15th for rules training and Sunday, Feb 16th for mechanics training. Please note that the rules and mechanics sessions have been purposely alternated for their respective weekends to give the maximum opportunity to attend one of each session.
- Any first time umpires are required to attend one of each session (Rules & Mechanics) and it can be on the same weekend or one on each weekend
- Any returning umpires are required to attend at least one session (Preferably Rules) of the SRVGAL training or an equivalent at another facility or organization
- All umpires that participate in the 2014 season will be required to submit proof of current ASA certification prior to being assigned any games for SRVGAL
- All paperwork that will be necessary to attend the training will be filled out on the day of the training
- All umpires that are 18 years of age and older will need to bring a drivers license (or an I.D. card if not licensed) for identification in order to facilitate running a background check
- All umpires that are 18 years of age or younger will need to have a parent or guardian sign a medical release form
All training will be held at Charlotte Wood Middle School in Danville in Room 503 from 10 am until 12 noon.
If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks for your interest in SRVGAL
Important Info for Player Placement on Teams
When will my daughter find out what team she is on and when does she start playing?
If your daughter is in Pre K/K, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th white, 5th/6th white, or 7/8 blue then they will find out their team assignments at the end of February. The coaches for all of these divisions have their coaches meeting on February 20. They will be given the players assigned to their team at that meeting. They will notify their players after that date. Practices start on March 1. The games begin on March 29.
My daughter didn't make a 7/8 red team. OR she signed up to play the 7/8 white division. These players will all be in the 7/8 Blue division.
This year we are having four 7/8 red teams. If your daughter signed up to play white or didn't make a 7/8 red team then they will all play in our 7/8 blue division. This division will play by 7/8 blue rules. The only difference between 7/8 blue and 7/8 white rules is that in the blue division we allow for a dropped third strike, the infield fly rule is in effect and stealing is allowed. No tryouts are required for 7/8 blue. We will have six teams in this division.
High School Players:
We are still accepting registrations to participate in the High School Division until Friday, February 14th. If you have already registered, talk to your friends, your classmates and your teammates from last season and convince them to register by the February 14th deadline. Tell your friends to request being placed on the same team as you and and we will do our best to keep friends and teammates from last year together. No need to worry about tryouts! Games and practices are scheduled around high school events. Questions? Send Kevin Meier an e-mail to: email@example.com.
San Ramon Chamber of Commerce names SRVGAL President the 'Citizen of the Year'
Steve Renfro - Steve is a long-time San Ramon resident and is very active in the community working as the League President for the San Ramon Girls Athletic League (SRVGAL) which serves over 1000 softball players every year. He has volunteered his time and energies with SRVGAL for over 11 years. In addition, he also assists Coach Joe Callaway at California High School as the Varsity Asst. Softball Coach and coaches a highly competitive 14U Travel Softball team with the NorCal Valley Stompers.
Tryouts are ON for Saturday, 12/7!
It's a little moist and cold, but today's (12/7) tryouts are on as scheduled!
When will my daughter find out if she has made a red or a blue team?
The RED drafts are occurring on the following dates at 7:00pm:
7/8 Red Draft on Tuesday, January 7
5/6 Red Draft on Wednesday, January 8
3/4 Red Draft on Thursday, January 9
The girls that are drafted by a red team will be called and notified by their coaches within 24 hours of the red draft night. If a player was not selected in the red draft she will automatically be placed in the pool for the blue draft.
The BLUE drafts are occurring on the following dates at 7:00pm:
7/8 Blue Draft on Tuesday, January 14
5/6 Blue Draft on Wednesday, January 15
3/4 Blue Draft on Thursday, January 16
The girls that are drafted by a blue team will be called and notified by their coaches within 24 hours of the blue draft night.
If a player does not make a red or a blue team she will automatically be placed on a white team. If you have not received a phone call by January 17 you can assume that your daughter is being placed on a white team. Registration for all white teams will remain open until January 3. After this date registrations will still be accepted based on team availability and will be done manually. See the homepage at www.srvgal.org to register after January 3.
SRVGAL Red/Blue Tryout Dates and Times
An individual confirmation email is sent to each player who signed up for the Red/Blue Tryouts. If you would like to confirm your date and time please click on the following individual links. All tryouts will be held at San Ramon Valley High School in Danville. The fields are located on Del Amigo Road. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the tryout time to allow for parking, checking in and to allow the players to warm up.
If a player wishes to switch a date or time contact Anne Phillips the League Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodations will be met if space is available. There is a limited number of players allowed for each timeslot.
Registration is now OPEN for the upcoming 2014 SRVGAL softball season!
Please visit www.sportability.com/srvgal to register your daughter. Online registration for the red/blue divisions closes on October 31.
There are three divisions of play: White (recreational ball), Blue (developmental), and Red (competitive). There is no tryout necessary for White Division play. A description of all three levels of play is in the registration process.
Volunteer to coach your daughter's Red, Blue or White Team by completing a coaching application at the time of player registration at www.sportability.com/srvgal (select desired grade based division, then select the "Register a Coach" option). Red and Blue division coaches are needed ASAP and the cutoff date for submitting your application is October 11!
Tryouts for the Red and Blue divisions are on November 16th & 17th, and December 7th & 8th at San Ramon Valley High School. In order to reserve a Red/Blue Tryout session, your daughter must be registered for the upcoming 2013 SRVGAL season. Then a "Registration Confirmation" email will be sent to you with the Red/Blue Tryout Sign-Up link that must be completed to reserve your daughter's tryout session. There are only 40 spots per tryout session and the cutoff date to register for these divisions is October 31, so sign up soon.
Become a Team Sponsor by sponsoring your daughter's team. SRVGAL would not exist without the generosity and support of our sponsors. The sponsor fee is only $325 if paid prior to December 31st and includes your company name on the back of the jerseys as well as free advertisement for your business. For your convenience, you can pay online when you register your daughter. You will find a sponsor form on our website with additional information.
Thanks for your continued support of SRVGAL and feel free to e-mail the League Commissioner, Anne Phillips at email@example.com with any questions.