Events: 2012 All Star Day
All Star Day is scheduled for Sunday, June 3rd, 2012.
Details of the event will be posted here as they are scheduled.
All Star Selection & Team Development Procedures
Following are the procedures to be applied to the selection of
this year's All Star players:
- Each member of the team, including the Head Coach and Asst. Coach, are eligible to vote for the Team's All Star players. They should be encouraged to vote for players who have contributed the most to the Team, taking into consideration: overall contribution to the success of the team, demonstrated team spirit, game skills, and cooperation with the Head Coach and Assistant Coach. Please understand that players often select friends instead of players who have contributed the most to the team. Keep in mind that it is their choice who to vote for.
- Coaches should not handle the All Star ballots. Instead an "objective" team parent should be asked to distribute, collect, and tabulate the All Star ballots.
- Teams should be instructed to have each voter rank order their selection based upon each player's contribution to the team. The team parent should then append point values to each selection. For instance, a team selecting four players would assign five points for each first place vote received by a player, four points for each second place vote received, etc.
- Votes must be tabulated by an unbiased parent, not the Coaches.
- An alternate will be selected from each team and may play if one of the Team's All Star players cannot attend the All Star game at the last minute.
- If a Player is absent from All Star voting, a phone call should be made to her by the parent tabulating the All Star results to obtain her votes.
- Before taking an All Star vote, the Head Coach should announce the day/date/time and location of the All Star game to ensure that those voted as All Stars can attend the game. If a player announces that she cannot attend the All Star game in advance of voting, she should be excluded from the ballot so that others Players who can attend the game can be selected.
Coordinators are responsible for the organization of the All Star teams for their division. Use the following calendar of events to ensure that your teams are organized in a timely manner.
- Division Coordinators will provide game balls and oversee field preparation, as well as game start and finish times at each field.
- Umpire Coordinators will provide One umpire for each game
- All league players, parents, and family members should be encouraged to attend.
- Players should arrive 30 minutes before their game time.
- Maximum game time limit is 1.5 hours for all divisions.
- All games must start on time.